Sunday, April 27, 2008
Live Rich
We received the news Friday night that our friend Rich had passed away from brain cancer and returned to live with his Heavenly Father. You can read about his story here. He and his family have been such great examples and an inspiration to us all throughout this difficult trial. It has been a blessing in our lives to know Rich, Marianne and their darling boys David, James and Josh. We are grateful for the short time that we had to get to know him. He is truly a remarkable man and Marianne is an amazing woman, sweet friend and strength to so many. They have been examples of faith, love and compassion. What a blessing it has been to know that he is at peace now. We count ourselves blessed to have Rich as a friend and are grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge that families can be together forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so sorry that he had to go. I went to the website and can't stop crying. What amazing, inspiring people through such a difficult trial. I will add my prayers to I'm sure the many that are being offered on behalf of Marianne and the kids. I am also so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation and all of the blessings we receive through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. That no matter how difficult, everything really will be ok.
I, too, cannot stop the tears. I remember you posting about them a couple of times before and reading the stories. How awesome they have that journal to re-read and for his kids to read. Really makes you think long and hard about the gift of life and how precious it is. Thanks for sharing.
I'm so glad you can attend the funeral. I look forward to hearing how wonderful it was.
Linds-
It seems that you are needed to help certain friends go through their toughest trials.
I'm sure as with me, that you are such a comfort and strength to their family.
I'm sorry that she had to lose a wonderful companion here on earth. I know that Lord will help them through by providing tender mercies, and caring friends and family.
XOXO
Ally
Post a Comment