Sunday, April 13, 2008
Girls Getaway
Had a fantastic weekend. Mat took off work early Friday and came home to watch the boys. Four girlfriends and I headed off to the middle of Missouri. We stopped in the only town we passed once we got out of KC for dinner and hit the hot spot! We waited an hour but ate a yummy dinner at Colton's then continued on our journey until we arrived in Stover, MO. We stayed at one of the girl's parents retirement home. It was built to be a bed and breakfast for hunters. It was great! Beautiful home, fun Grandma, 6 horses, lots of cows, 4 dogs, lots of bunk beds and great company. We pulled 5 mattresses into one room and played games and talked until we hit a wall. Woke up to a relaxing morning and a delicious breakfast. We took a walk out to the creek, said hello to the horses and cows and marvelled at the outdoor furnace that needs to be fed wood to heat the house. It was quite the experience. We got ready and headed over to Lake of the Ozarks to shop the outlets. We spent the reminder of our day and our money there. We headed back Saturday night and got home after the kids were in bed. Thanks to our husbands for watching the little ones and to Mary and Missie for putting this together. It was tons of fun!
Amy riding the horse at Colton's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What more could you ask for... fun girlfriends, a unique place to stay, shopping and a moment to breathe. I only wish I could have joined you...hopefully we can pull a girls weekend off sometime soon!
It looks like so much fun! It's so green. I can't believe it. I am jealous- we have to plan something soon, and really get it on the calendar.
Looks like you had an awesome weekend Lindsay! So jealous! I'm so glad you got to relax and do girlie things, and feel refreshed! Husbands are so great when they step in for the mommies! You are lucky to have such a great guy, great boys, and great friends! :)
Sounds like a great weekend! All girls weekends are one of my favorite ways to rejuvinate.
What a great trip!!
Post a Comment