Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!?

Seriously...I thought I got out of this when I moved from California. Luckily while I was there I only felt one very small earthquake. There were a couple of other earthquakes while we were living there but I was out of the state both times. So this morning a little before 4:40 a.m. Mat wakes me up saying, Linds, we're having an earthquake. At first I thought Mat was just messing around but quickly realized the house was shaking. Come to find out it was a 5.4 magnitude in southern Illinois. I did not realize when I moved to KS the biggest earthquake I've felt to date would be here. Guess we're not out of the woods! So grateful there wasn't major damage done!

6 comments:

Brett said...

We felt it out here in Louisville, too. It woke us all up!

Burridge said...

Yikes, what a scary wake up call! I've only experienced 2 earthquakes in my life...one while on vacation in Ventura, CA and the other one while in college in Rexburg, ID of all places.

For work we do a lot of earthquake research...it's actually quite shocking how many earthquakes there are in the US everyday.

E said...

Hmmm, that's definitely news to me!

gibbfamily said...

I took a Tylenol PM and was dead to the world, but Garrod felt it and thought he was going crazy. He felt the bed shake and heard the glass door on the shower shake and thought that he was officially "losing it" :)
Hope all is well with you guys! Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

crazy... Glad you guys are all ok

Whitney said...

that is truly nuts. did your boys wake up at all to it? hope you ran to your door jambs (sp?)