Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Go Royals!


Yesterday was the home opener for the KC Royals. We played the NY Yankees and won 5-2. It was fabulous! My favorite part was being with Mat. We are both very social people and when we plan dates tend to plan them with other people (which we love). It was so nice to be with just him for a change and to laugh, share stories and for him to impart his extensive baseball knowledge about pitch outs, etc. which I truly love. The weather left something to be desired as it was raining and in the mid 40's but with the wind chill the low 30's. Our seats weren't covered so with the wind and drizzle it was cold. Since Mat is such a die hard we had to be there early for all the pre-game festivities and of course stayed till the bitter (cold) end. I came well prepared though and had 6 layers on, 2 hats and my Sorrells. I stayed warm and dry thankfully! Mat pulled out his Royals jacket from when he was 12 and it fit me so of course he was determined I had to wear it. I did but it was not warm enough so it was the 2nd layer down :)! I loved wearing his 20 year old jacket though it did make us feel a little old that he has had it for that long. The win was a great way to start off the first home game. We look forward to many more games, hot dogs & peanuts over the next six months!

5 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

I am so glad you were able to go on this fabulous date!! You gotta escape with your boyfriend every once in awhile... so glad it all worked out (and I love that you fit in Mat's childhood jacket you tiny-little-thing-you)!

Ashley said...

Very fun! GLad you guys were able to go!

Todd Crump said...

I am so glad you guys got to go to opening day. We were able to go to the Angel game last friday for opening day. It was a lot of fun. Except we took the kids. Atleast I had my mom and dad and sister there for backup. SO fun to keep up with your family on your blog. Hill

Krissy Lowe said...

Linds, you are so darling in the Royals get up. Looks like so much fun.

The Egglestons said...

I love that Mat still has his jacket and that you fit in it. Sounds like it was fun, even if it was freezing!