Wednesday, April 9, 2008
The farm
Derek has been asking to go to the farm for months now. We have a fabulous farmstead near us that is a gift to the community. It has lots of animals, playrounds, a fishing pond, horse rides, etc. and it is FREE! Really you can't beat that. It re-opened in April and I've been telling D once the leaves started to come out on the trees then we could go to the farm. We went on Monday, I packed a lunch and then saw a sign on the way in saying to not bring in outside food. We walked around looking at the animals for a while and then decided to eat. Everyone we passed had brought their own lunch so I figured it wasn't a big deal. We were on a patio next to the cow barn where there were a number of people eating. I got the lunch sack out and a cow came racing over literally yelling MOO, MOO super loud at us. A lady down by the cow with her kids looked at me and said (a little abruptly), the minute the cow saw your lunch sack he came running over (as if saying you don't bring in the outside food). I was a little stressed and embarrassed for the extra attention. We began to eat and halfway through lunch Derek began to throw up everywhere, 3 different times. It covered the patio under our table...fabulous. We went and found a mop and bucket and one of the workers offered to clean it up. I quickly packed up our lunch and we continued on our way. Of course now Derek felt good and did not want to go home so we spent another 45 minutes feeding the fish in the pond and talking to the ducks. How cool is that turkey, love the feather spread. So happy "the farm" is open again, hopefully the next visit will not be so eventful.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I already told you, but I just love that last picture with D's big grin!
Post a Comment