Monday, May 5, 2008

Both ends of the spectrum

So this last week I was able to spend five days in Utah. I took Will with me and flew out on Tuesday to attend the viewing/funeral of our friend Rich Lloyd. What an incredible man and a beautiful funeral. It was inspiring and made me want to truly "seize the day" as Rich talked about when he discussed what it means to him to "Live Rich". Marianne was amazing and smiled through the tears, always looking beautiful. The viewing was packed and the line took up to two hours to get through. Such a tribute to what an amazing couple Rich and Marianne are. They make lifelong friends everywhere they go, they are loyal, kind, welcoming and genuine. The type of people you want to be surrounded by. I hope Mar and the boys felt a piece of the love and support that so many want to give them in return.
After the everything with the funeral was over I went down to Provo to surprise my little sister Ashley who just had given birth to a little boy Tuesday morning. It was so fun! I left yellow roses outside her door and had my Mom trick her into having to answer the door. Ash came down confused and wondering who had sent flowers, I peeked around the corner with Will and she was shocked. It was priceless. It was so wonderful to see this precious and beautiful little boy that was so fresh from being with our Father in Heaven. Trevor is adorable as is his older sister who steals my heart whenever I see her! I was able to spend the next few days in Provo. Some of the highlights were...staying with my Grandma who is almost 90 and just having time to visit early in the morning or seeing Will interact with her, spending time with my Mom and my two little sisters, seeing my sweet friend Marni so pregnant (she has the cutest belly), staying overnight with Mat's wonderful Grandparents & seeing two of his cute cousings, catching up with Mat's sister Cami at her darling house, a way too short visit from Krissy and Brent (some of our closest friends from CA) who were driving through at 11 pm.











4 comments:

Ashley said...

Loved, Loved, Loved seeing you guys! I don't think you have a clue how much it meant to have you here! It still makes me tear up to think of seeing your face at my door. Thank you so much Linds... You're the best!

Krissy Lowe said...

It was so fun to see you even if it was only for a minute. Will is adorable and it was so fun to play with him too. Sorry Brent got him wound up...I miss you guys. We have to get something on the calendar soon.

Whitney said...

What a great few days. I was wondering if you were going to get to see Ashley and her cute baby!
Sisters are the best!

Chris Grover said...

it was soooo fun to see you, even for just a few minutes! what an AWESOME surprise for ash! will is sooo adorable and lindsay, you look sooo great too!