Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mom's Day

So grateful for a wonderful Mother who I look up to and admire in every way. She is truly an inspiration and example to me on a daily basis. I love her enthusiasm, her love of life, her kindness, her spontaneity, her fun and crazy side (trench coat on halloween :o), her faithand testimony...the list could go on and on. I just wanted to take a minute to tell her that I love her and think she is the greatest. I truly hope to someday be 1/2 the woman and mother she is.





I also feel so blessed to have such an amazing Mother-in-law. Again, another woman who I respect and admire SO much! She is strong in every sense of the word and teaches me by how she lives her life. I am grateful to be surrounded by such incredible women, Mom's, sisters, Grandma's, in-laws as well as incredible friends who are wonderful mother's.


Elder Ballard recently shared a fabulous quote that I want to work on applying more consistently in my life. “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” (Anna Quindlen, Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).

Happy Mother's Day, I hope it is a wonderful one.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Lind's,

Loved your talk today. Have a Happy Mother's Day. Looking forward to Saturday's dinner!
Love,
Jill

Krissy Lowe said...

What? You had to speak today? Im sure you did a great job. I love that quote too. I feel like I need it posted on the fridge as a reminder to help me slow down and enjoy the craziness. Tell your mom that I think she is awesome too.

Missi Waldron said...

The trenchcoat on Halloween definitely put a smile on my face this morning :)! Your mom and mother-in-law really are wonderful... such incredible examples (you included)! Happy Mother's Day!

Erika said...

What a great lady your mom is!! And thanks for reminding me of that quote from Elder Ballard's talk. I need to put it somewhere in bold.

ps--how did your talk go? I'm sure you did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Nancy was a tremendous influence on my life, and I see a lot of her in you Linds. I love you both dearly!