Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Story

1. Where did you meet your husband? When I was living/working in Salt Lake my roommates and I had a bbq. He happened to be in town over the weekend from Sacramento where he was going to law school and was hanging out with a guy (and a couple girls) in our ward that night. They came by the bbq for a little bit before a baseball game. They ended up coming back after the game to go see a drive-in with a big group of us. It was great as we were able to talk more.

2. What was the first thing said? I was holding a 1/2 gallon of breyers ice cream and just eating it and I think probably asked him if he wanted any? I just remember thinking how cute he was! We thought we knew each other from somewhere but couldn't figure out where. Eventually I told him he really didn't look that familiar I just needed a pickup line. Then I got embarrassed I said it, started laughing and walked away. I guess it at least got his attention :)

3. What was your first date? After we met at the party he ended up finding out my birthday was a couple weeks later and he sent a glow-in-the-dark football we'd talked about that night. I was so excited because he hadn't asked for my # or email address that night and I was bummed as he was going back to CA. So when I got the football as a surprise in the mail I was stoked. He ended up flying out a few weeks later to "see his sister". We went out with another couple that Friday to the Sundance theatre to see Funny Girl. It was a great date and I was able to hang out with him Saturday afternoon as well!

4. How long did you date? Seven Months

5. First kiss? We met up on a Sunday night when I was on a trip to Newport Beach and he was with his buddies the same weekend in Southern California. We hung out with his buddies until about 2 in the morning (he didn't kiss me that night). He ended up changing his flight so we could hang out on Monday (calling me at 6 am to make sure it was ok) we spent the day with a couple of my friends at Magic Mountain then the Garlic Rose in Hollywood, looked at the amazing view from Griffith Park and then dropped my friends off and went to Newport Beach, 15th Street , and sat on the sand talking. It was there that he kissed me for the first time. It was awesome!






This picture is the first night we kissed. Here at Griffith Park Observatory with Traci Monson & Ben Shirley.









6. Where did you get engaged? Mat recreated the day when he kissed me for the first time (we were driving down from Northern CA) so we just drove by Magic Mountain then went to the Garlic Rose for dinner, Griffith Park and ended up at the 15th street lifeguard tower in Newport. He proposed there, same place as our first kiss. One of the best parts was the red leather pants I was wearing...wow. A little much! Now we have lots of pictures so they will never be forgotten-ay-yi-yi!


This picture is the night we got engaged...again at Griffith Park Observatory.






7. Where did you get married? Denver, CO Temple.





8. How did the reception go? It was a great party. The first half not as fun as we stood in line for a little while then we decided we couldn't do it anymore and had the dj crank up the tunes and we danced and ate and danced some more. It was a blast!


This picture was at our reception, the same day as our wedding, May 18, 2002.



9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Costa Rica...amazing. Enough said.


10. Do you have a song? Shameless by Garth Brooks.

I'm now tagging my friends from Temecula (Krissy & Jule it still includes you) and anyone else that wants to do it!

11 comments:

Katy said...

Find me a date and then maybe I'll play!

E said...

HELLO leather outfit!!

What a fun post! I am stealing it :)

Melissa said...

What a fun story! Glad you took the time to write it out. Those leather pants are CLASSIC! you are such a blast!

Erika said...

Oh, the BBQ! Brought back some good memories. So did seeing your red leather pants! Only you could pull those off and look great! I actually learned a few things in this post. I guess I missed out on more than I thought after I got married ;-)

Ashley said...

Love your story, but mostly I love the red leather pants... you're so awesome! And it's so true that only you could pull those off!!! We're so glad you met mat, what a stud he is and how great you 2 are together!!

Burridge said...

What a great story and I LOVE the red leather pants...I had a pair of those but I was nine and Michael Jackson was my idol!!!

Oh and I totally stole this tag.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I remember those HOT red tamale pants! It was fun being roomies while you and Mat were dating and seeing how excited you were.

My Dearest Rich said...

3 WORDS- AWESOME LEATHER PANTS!!! Oh my gosh Linds! Why I didn't get my hands on THOSE pictures for your 30th!!! They are great, and you DEFINITELY pulled them off! You could wear just about ANYTHING, and pull them off! ;) Hope you guys are staying warm~ I've been thinking of you guys and missing you!

gibbfamily said...

I'm sad that I missed out on the the days of you and Mat dating...I can't wait to meet him this summer. Like everyone else...I love the red leather pants! Awesome :)

heidi said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are adorable!! Cute story, Cute pictures and cute leather pants! :)

Chris Grover said...

LOVE it! You guys are really a stunning couple! And you make some dang cute kids! :) I so enjoy hearing other people's stories, so thanks for sharing!