Monday, February 4, 2008

Sunday Morning

No matter how hard we try, baths Saturday night, clothes laid out, Sunday mornings are just crazy. I love the 9 am church time except for the stress of getting out the door, dressed, fed and on time. I had worked on my lesson for the last two weeks but we ended up having a crazy day Saturday and were out that night so I wasn't able to type it up. I got up about 5 Sunday morning to finish it. When the boys got up they both had runny noses and chapped cheeks from playing outside the day before. For some reason they were just off and not in a great place. As we fed them breakfast and got their coats on their were still a lot of tears. I decided I had a get a picture of their faces, they looked so forlorn. The best part is everytime I went to take a picture of Will he would stop crying and smile for the camera. I was laughing so hard, he didn't get that I wanted the real deal. You can see in the smiling picture that he has sad eyes still. I eventually started laughing so hard at his cute little smile that it hurt his feelings and I was able to get the crying picture. How sad! I just had to share a glimpse into what the morning entailed.

6 comments:

Burridge said...

Oh boy have I endured a few of those Sundays myself and it didn't matter if it was the 9am or 1pm start. Your boys are still super adorable...sad faces and all.

Ashley said...

such a funny story, I love that will kept stopping pose, how cute! Your boys are sooo cute! Will just keeps getting cuter and cuter, can't believe how big he is!!

ShOrt StoRy said...

Amen, that is how Sunday's are in our house. Finally when I can pull in the parking lot I can relax because we "made it"

My Dearest Rich said...

I FEEL your pain, and love that others share theirs too! We, (at age 32 months) have FINALLY decided not to cry about going to nursery. Its been a LONG TWO years...looking forward to the THREES. xoxo

Missi Waldron said...

Sunday... a day of rest it is not at this stage in life! I cannot get over how cute Will is posing for the camera (even super sad). What sweet, adorable boys you have. Hope your lesson went well and good luck this Sunday getting to church... I'll be thinking about you as I struggle my way there as well!!

Debbie said...

Ten thousand Hoorays for young Moms.. those kids are Adorable!!