Thursday, January 3, 2008

Puree Panamonia


So I got the cookbook Deliciously Deceptive for Christmas. I have been so excited to try it out. I spent the afternoon yesterday and well into last night cleaning, chopping, steaming and roasting veggies. I cooked yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, beets, spinach, butternut squash and then I need to do apples and bananas today. Half way through I was talking with Krissy and she reminded me that I could use the same purees for Will's food. I went to get ice cube trays so I could freeze them in serving sizes for Will. We'll see how he likes them. It was also great to be able to use the food processor I got a smoking deal on a couple years ago, I've only used it a few times. All the pureeing was a little much but it was fun and I'm excited to start trying the recipes. Let me know if you have any tips.

4 comments:

Brett said...

Kristine got that for Christmas as well. She already sneaks veggies into our food, so I figured she might as well have time-tested methods. Still, I very, very afraid...

Melissa said...

You go! Let us know how the experiment goes. I got that book too and hope to try some of the recipes soon. I was so excited about the concept after watching Jessica Seinfield on Oprah.

Krissy Lowe said...

Linds, Just know that Jamie would be proud. Thanks for putting the book up so I know what to look for. I think the biggest test is not if the boys like the food, but if Mat likes it-just be sure the processor gets rid of all the critters.

Linds said...

Tried the chocolate cake (with beets) had heard it was incredible. Not my favorite...I have been able to slip sweet potatoes into my regular sloppy joes and last night added carrots to spaghetti sauce and you couldn't tell. Still can't get Will to eat the pureed veggies which is such a bummer. We'll see how it continues.