Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My workout buddy

So I am trying to find some ways to exercise at home since it is so blasted cold outside and I don't want to spend 30 minutes bundling the boys up to go running. Mat and I invested in a jump rope. My first experience was not the greatest, lets just say I've had two children and I felt like my Mom when she would try and jump on the tramp with us. I attempted the jump rope again this morning and the result was much better (not sure why). I have also been trying to use my Core Secrets DVD's and excercise ball. This is the only thing I ever bought off an infomercial (2 or 3 years ago) and I have yet to get my money out of it but I'm going to try. So yesterday and this morning I did the video and my favorite part was seeing Derek. He went and found a ball for him and attempted to do all the stretches and excercises right along with me. It was adorable! So I guess if I am going to be getting in shape my little D will right along with me. At least I have a partner to keep me in check, right?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Go Derek! Way to go Linds, wish we lived closer and we could get our lazy butts out of bed together!!

E said...

D is going to have abs of steel!

If you lived over here, you could hit up my gym with me. Pete is kind of a crappy work out buddy.

I told you about my exerperience with the jump rope, right? I would try to do tricks and whip my shins and forearms. It was still fun though.