Monday, January 28, 2008

Mixed emotions

When we got the news last night that our Prophet, President Hinckley had passed away I felt a number of different emotions. So sad for our loss yet so happy for the incredible reunion I am sure he was experiencing as he passed onto the other side. I have such a great love and respect for him and his leadership. My mind flashed back to 12 years ago when a group of friends from my freshman year at Ricks all traveled down to Salt Lake. We met up and slept out at Temple Square to try to get into General Conference (April 1995). We were actually even more blessed. We were able to be there at the Solemn Assembly when President Hinckley was sustained as the Prophet. I don't think I truly appreciated at that time what an amazing opportunity that was nor what an incredible man he was. I am grateful for the him, the Temples he has built, the lessons he has taught, his humor and his unconditional love. He truly was a Prophet of God.

1 comment:

gibbfamily said...

I was a little shocked this morning when I woke up and found out that he had passed on. I don't know why I was shocked, he was 97, but I guess I kind of hoped that he would live forever! I bet he had a wonderful reunion with his wife! We will all miss him so much! His infuluences have changed everyone...LDS or not.