Thursday, January 24, 2008
Good Times!
So I had a meltdown this afternoon, feeling tired, in pain (spent 2 1/2 hrs at the dentist getting my teeth drilled on for about the 6th week in a row, give or take a couple weeks...long story), the boys both screaming, hungry, etc. Derek yelling at his brother and trying to drag him by his hood around the floor. He then proceeded to break the gate at the bottom of the stairs, etc. I lost my cool and my temper. I put the boys up in their rooms (Will in his crib and D in his room) closed their door and went into my room to breathe and calm down. I called Mat and expressed my frustration that he is gone from 7 am to 7 pm, for work, and then proceeded to express my frustration with being a Mom who can't keep her cool and how I was tired of it all. This was about 6:40 pm as Mat was on his way home. A few minutes after we had hung up I got a phone call from a great friend Becky who wanted to know if I wanted to have a break and go watch a movie, etc. Mat had called her and her husband Jeff to see if she and I could have a night out and they (the men) would keep the kids. Seriously...how thoughtful! I love my husband! On a side note, I also love my friends. Sue, who watched Will for me for a few hours while I was at the dentist and then brought dinner over for our family (soup that I could eat because I was so numb) tonight. Then Becky and Jeff who were so quick to drop whatever they had going on so she could come "rescue" me tonight. We ended up going to Chili's for molten chocolate cake (my all-time favorite dessert) and time to talk and catch up and then we hit the movie theatre at the wrong time and couldn't find anything that worked so we headed back to my place and watched License to Wed. It was nice to relax, enjoy talking and appreciate my husband and my sweet boys. I think more than anything I realize how much I have to be grateful for, with friends going through life altering challenges (Live Rich) right now and I am complaining about a toothache. Seriously, it puts things in perspective. I guess what I wanted to get across more than anything is how blessed I am and how grateful I am for my life. The good, the bad and the ugly. It strengthens me, stretches me and I have to remember that He will not give me more than I can handle. These truly are as our friend Rich says so often "good times".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Don't beat yourself up too much. wE all have bad "mom days" from time to time. I think it's especially challenging when it's so dang cold outside and we're all cooped up and honery. Anyway, that's awesome you have a thoughtful husband and great friends to get you through. I'm sure you've been there for them in there hard times too. I just read an awesome talk last night by Richard G. Scott- Finding Joy in Life. You should check it out. It also helps put life in perspective. Love ya Linds!
I had one of those days yesterday..I tend to have quite a few in the winter...too much time inside with the kids! What a nice husband you have! Molten Chocolate cake is my favorite too...yummy :) I hope your day is better today!
xo
Kacie
Welcome to the crazy mommy club! We've all had those days...hopefully less than more but we've all been there. I also agree with the previous comments, winter is especially harsh, it gets darker earlier and someone is always sick. Plus you're still adjusting from being in nice sunny California where you weren’t stuck inside all day. January has always been my least favorite month…thank goodness February is right around the corner. Have a great day today and continue focusing on your blessings!
BTW...Zach requested Molten Chocolate cakes for his birthday last week...soooo good.
I want to come over and babysit right now to relieve you for a few hours! :) Oh the good old days! I hope tomorrow is a better, brighter and warmer day!
It was such a treat to get to spend time with you! I will drop what I am doing anytime to go have dessert. I know yesterday was a frustrating day but, you are a great mom to those two cute boys. You are such a great example to me and one of the best friends a friend can have!!
Oh Lindsay--we need to talk more. Your description of your day rang so familiar with me. I just love that Mat was that thoughtful! I wish I lived close and you could bring those cute boys over to play while you took a little break every once in a while!!
Post a Comment