Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fake or Real...







So again this year we were faced with the difficult decision of whether to give in and get the fake tree with the lights already on or go out for a real one. We wanted to go to a Christmas tree farm and cut one down but the weather was nasty Saturday so we fit in a quick trip to Lowes and found a pretty, precut, real Frasier tree. We decorated it tonight and much to my dismay we listened to the Christmas music on the tv as I can't find most of my Christmas cds. You have to decorate your tree while listening to the Carpenters and Amy Grant's Home for Christmas. There is nothing better! It is tragic that I have not been able to find them yet and the Christmas music season is so close to the end, seriously, I am so sad! Thankfully I at least have my brother-in-law Ryan Shupe's The Gift cd which is fabulous. So another year down, our tree is crooked but I figure we're a little off balance so it fits. Derek was hilarious tonight, he loved helping us hang the ornaments. He liked to put them all in the same spot and then decided to start hanging them from each other. It was classic. It was a great weekend, had family pictures & dinner with great friends Friday night. Then Saturday was packed with a Kids Holiday party at Mat's office with Santa, Frosty, Rudolph and the Funky Mama entertainer (you can only imagine what it sounds like when D says "Funky Mama"). Then off to grab our tree, get the boys down for a nap and then Mat ran to help a friend hang some Christmas lights and I took D to a birthday party. We capped the night off at a great family's house for dinner, it was fun to spend time with great people and especially together as a family. Sunday was good as always, I taught Sunday School today so I worked on finishing touches for the lesson this morning and then off to church and we had breakfast for dinner. You can't beat that.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Derek is so cute! I love that picture of him concentrating so hard on decorating the tree... what a stud. It was so great to talk to you the other day... 2 hours and 2 minutes (according to my phone). It's been forever since we've had that long of a phone conversation, it was so nice to chat! Love you Lee!

Burridge said...

What a cutie! Every year we debate the whole real or fake issue, then put up our fake one and say "Next year we'll get a real one"...so maybe next year!

*How do you add a link to your post then change how it appears...mine always posts the whole link?