Thursday, December 6, 2007

First Snow





So today we had our first real snowstorm! So fun except that I had to be out in it which was a bummer. Always more fun to be curled up by the fire with the little ones. When the boys and I got home late this afternoon, Will took a nap while Derek and I shoveled the driveway. He was a fabulous helper for the first few minutes until our cute next door neighbor offered him a sled, then it was off to the races. He had a blast and didn't seem to notice that his mittens were completely covered in snow. He looked so darn cute! Even the snot under his nose (sorry I didn't get that wiped before the photo). I told my neighbor that when I agreed to move to KC, shoveling was not part of the deal. Yet I felt an obligation to get it off since my sweet husband had a very early morning and would not be home until after dark. So we worked until we got it clean. Our German Shephard, Lue joined us for part of the time. Not sure that I have introduced her yet. We've had Lue for 4 years in January, she is a special member of our family. She is patient with the boys and friends but she can be mean if necessary (which I love). She makes us feel safe, we love her! Here's to snow and German Shephards!

3 comments:

Burridge said...

No fair...why is everyone else getting snow and we're still high and dry. The weather has been teasing us all week...it was actually in the high 60's on Mon & Tues. Now they're saying snow tonight and throughout the weekend...Yippie!

PS...I love shoveling.

Krissy Lowe said...

Linds, I am finally on your blog. It is so cute. I love the pictures of Derek out in the snow. I wish we had enough snow to play in, it would make the cold not so bad. I can't believe how old Derek and Will look. Tell your family hello from the Lowes We love you guys

Melissa said...

I am getting the biggest kick out of seeing you as a mom and your cute little family. Your boys are adorable! sure love ya!