Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How do people do it all?

The last few days have been CRAZY! I really don't know how everyone accomplishes as much as they do when I always feel like I'm running on empty and nothing ever gets done! I'm going to vent for a minute. Christmas shopping, so fun when you can find what you want but a total nightmare when you are going to a ton of different stores and can't track down the gifts you are most excited about. Searched online a bunch, 5 stores Monday, out at 4 stores yesterday and still NO LUCK! Frustrating. Then yesterday morning I had a temporary crown put on one of my teeth (another one was put on last Thursday) so now I can't chew on either side without being in pain. So much money and no fun at all, especially considering that Santa knows my favorite treats are sour patch kids, hot tamales, chocolate caramels but I can't eat any this year because of these blasted temporary crowns. Then this morning went to visit some ladies from church. The first one we showed up and were 45 minutes early (I got the times mixed up) and felt like a dufus, then we went to Chiles for lunch with Elena and my boys were crazy. Derek literally, poured the salt on his mac and cheese then took all the sugar packets out, knawed on our friend Kaylenes lemon then put it back in her drink (which is no good as we all have nasty colds), Will was either screaming or throwing up...we were a site. It was classic. But it still was fun to be together and it makes me grateful for good friends who take me and my kids as we are. Now at least all the plates are delivered, most of the Christmas cards are sent off, the boys are fed and asleep. Time to fold & put away the eight loads of laundry from Monday, pay the bills, drive to timbukto and back to find these darn Christmas gifts, get healthy again, take some more advil for this darn tooth pain, begin wrapping the Christmas presents and enjoy the season :)! Thanks for listening...

8 comments:

gibbfamily said...

Linds...I completely understand! I feel like I am always going 100mph, but when I look around, it doesn't seem like I am getting anything done! I spent 3 hours at the mall today looking for specific things and came home empty handed and frustrated with kids! My house is a mess and the laundry is always piled up! I even talked to Garrod last night about hiring a housekeeper...I am going to do it this year!
Christmas will be over soon...Take a deep breath :)
I am not even doing plates this year...so you are ahead of me :)
Good luck with the shopping!
Kacie

E said...

Lindsay, I am not kidding when I say that I will help you out. I can watch the boys any time or help you wrap presents or whatever. If you need last minute help with anything tomorrow, call me.

E said...

Oh and your boys are angels compared to some kids I have been around. They are supposed to mess with everything around them and throw up. That's what kids do. I wouldn't expect anything less ;)

ShOrt StoRy said...

Thank you for that post. All I can say is I so know what your talking about. Makes me feel normal.

Missi Waldron said...

How awful it is to have difficult days like this (thanks for listening to mine the other day), and yet how refreshing it is to know that someone as put together and fabulous as Lindsay Larsen experiences them as well. All I can say is TAKE A BATH (Missi style)...that is, if you get a moment.
Love ya!
M I S S I

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Yikes, days that are stressful! Shoot me an e-mail with your address and I'll so the same. jenniepenny10@hotmail.com

Kel said...

right there with ya girlfriend! i have had one of those weeks and i can totally relate!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Love you Linds. You are a fabulous mom, wife, sister, friend. Today will be a better day. :)