Monday, July 28, 2008

Pretty close to perfect

We had the best Saturday. It was so nice, Mat didn't have any moves to help out with and he decided to not worry about mowing the back yard (a 2+ hour process). We woke up and had yummy scrambled eggs for breakfast and Mat got our bikes down and tuned up. We got the boys loaded up in the trailer and set off on a family adventure.
Though Mat and I were not communicating well as to which way we were going and he ended up taking a wrong turn (with the boys on the back) and got stuck in a very narrow lane with about 6 cars stuck trying to figure out how to get past him. It would have been really comical had I not been stressed about them getting hurt. We got past that and rode for about an hour and a half and went to visit a couple of friends.
We got home, packed up our lunch and went to the pool for a couple of hours where some great friends the Evans and the Nalders met up with us. The pool was pretty empty and it was so nice to just hang out and have a lot of extra adults to help play with the boys. We came back and got the boys down for a nap.
I was able to work on my lesson while Mat took a short nap. After the boys woke up we ventured off to the mall and I was able to use my Nordstrom's gift cards at the sale, WOOHOO! We picked up a couple of things for Mat and other than the boys being ancy at the mall it was great. When we left there it was a torrential downpour and we got soaked. The Nalders brought over pizza, we got the boys in bed and watched Kiterunner (3 out of the 4 of us had read it). It was great times, great company and felt like heaven to relax and just be together. I think we need days like these more often!

2 comments:

forget laundry said...

sounds like a perfect day! It was so fun to read about your trip to denver- and know where you are talking about! we really love CO- what a great place to live...or visit! glad you are having such a nice summer.

Jill said...

What a great few days!! Being with family, friends, and shopping at Nordstrom. Doesn't get much better than that!!! Can't wait to come back and have a pool day with y'all!! Got your message about Costa Rica. Sorry I haven't called you back yet. Figured I'd talk to you all about it when I got back. To crazy trying to talk while I'm here.