I have been blessed with incredible parents! On his birthday, I just want to share some of the things I think are so great about my Dad.
His descriptive words (he has a way of describing the mood, or the food, etc. so I can just taste Mom's cooking and it kills me when I'm away! He'll take 5 minutes to describe to me the roast and potatoes or the cinnamon rolls Mom's made)
His sensitivity
His faith
His courage
His perserverance
His love for my Mom
His ability to make you think a not so cute handmade frame is the greatest gift he's ever been given.
His amazing leadership
His vision
The way he believes in each of his children
His incredible work ethic
He is brilliant
The most amazing marketer I have ever seen
His humility
His love for the Savior
His ability to make a stranger feel like part of the family
The way he makes you feel like you are the only one in the room when he talks to you (there could be a hundred people around)
That he will drop anything if I am struggling and need to talk, need a blessing, need a hug
The limited time he had available he always made the very most of it...we felt like we were the luckiest child if we were able to run errands with Dad on Saturday (we often got fries and a shake as well)
His ability to get up when he's been knocked down
His patience with my kids (he can get them to calm down faster than I can)
The list goes on and on and this is only a small part, but I just wanted to take a moment to tell him how much I love him and how much he means to me. Thanks Dad, for all you have and continue to teach me. I love you!
3 comments:
I loved this! Dad is so great, we are so blessed! We miss you here by the way...
What a great tribute to your wonderful dad!
I bet my #2 dad does not realize what an amazing influence he was to your friends as well!
Post a Comment