Thursday, January 8, 2009

Racing

That is what I did all day...race! The morning started out too early with me attempting to get in a run on the treadmill. After, I raced back upstairs to shower and have Mat help me get the boys bathed, all of us fed and out the door by 8:15 (ended up being 8:25). We raced over to the Coopers to drop the boys off. She was sweet enough to take D to school for me and keep Will while I raced off to meet Mat by 9 at the doctors office. We had our sonogram at 9 which was so much fun! The baby looked perfect! Healthy, strong, great looking heart, adorable profile and as the tech put "very active". You could see it kicking me and Mat kept saying "can you feel that?"...yes dear! She got some great pictures of the new little one. We had decided to not find out what we're having but Mat wanted her to look to make sure it wasn't a hermaphrodite...and was at least one sex or the other. We looked away and she took a quick look to verify. I love that it is not even on the report. Only the two techs in the room know what we are having, not even the Dr. It was so fun! Much more exciting than I had anticipated. Afterwards, we met with the Dr. and discussed the nasty vericose veins I've gotten and how to help them (they are not pleasant) as well as surgery dates, blood work, etc. It was a good appointment and fun to have Mat meet the Dr.

I love in these pictures how you can see the hand and leg so clearly. The profile of the cute little nose and lips is adorable as well. So excited for this little one to join our family. Plus this head size is in the normal range. Not like our previous two!
I then headed back to pick up Will and hung out with Becky for a little bit. It was so fun to have a few minutes to catch up, eat some of her delicious soup and just relax for a little bit. I got home and Will was out, transferred him to his crib and returned a phone call. Within 5 minutes I saw one of the RS presidency members pull up and thought, I wonder why she is here, just to say hi? How fun! She came in and informed me we had a meeting scheduled to start then at my house. Mind you the house is thrashed. Been cleaning out papers, shredding old bills, breakfast was still on the counter, I had walked in from the insane morning 5 minutes before, it was horrible! I had somehow totally spaced that we had a meeting (even though we often do it at the same time and place). I was so embarressed! Especially because the other pres. members houses really are always very clean. It was such a classic moment! After the meeting Will and I raced to school to pick up D then took a quick grocery trip and time to try and find those horrible maternity support hose for my legs...ay yi yi! No luck on the right size, etc. Once home we made scrambled eggs for dinner and headed over for a great enrichment on wills and budgets that lasted until 9:30 p.m. Thankfully Mat picked up the boys 1/2 way through and got them home and to bed. I raced home in time to watch the last half of the National Championship game with him! It was nice to see the Gators pull it out, especially after the talk against Tebow this week. I do have to say a small part of me was sad for OU for Grandma Wilcox's sake as she is such a diehard fan. It was a fun game to watch! Congrats to Florida! Thus here we are, the race is over and it is now after midnight. A long day but an exciting one!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

The baby is so cute! I can't wait to meet him/her.

Ashley said...

looks like a girl to me!!! Mostly just happy to sweet the first picture of that sweet little one. Can't wait for May!

Jenny said...

Sorry I could not help you out yesterday.

I cannot wait to little baby Larsen either!!

Whitney said...

I'm tired just reading about your day! Glad all is well with Baby L

srosenau said...

what a day! hang in there beautiful. i love those sonogram pics, it gave me an "itch". :)

Jill said...

Linds,
I just want you to know on any given day my house looks a wreck. Molly is into everything and tracks things all over the house. I too am always doing soem kind of ornganizing thing so I always have stuff out. I understand how you felt though, being caught so off gaurd. I wish someone had a picture of both our faces. Mine thinking "Oh my goodness do I have it wrong, or is today even Thursday", and your's "Hey Jill, what are you doing here, and then the look of are you kidding me there is a meeting here!!" It really was classic. By the way, your house wasn't bad. You are a doll, and I adore you!!! You are so great!!
New Baby Larsen is darling. Great sono pics!! Cna't wait to meet this new little one! I love that Molly loves you too!!! She sure was snuggly on you last night. So cute!!!

Suzanne said...

Congrats! I just found out last night that you were expecting again. Very exciting!

Coops said...

What a fun filled day! Am I the only one that can't stand not knowing what you are going to have?? I still think it's a girl. Can't wait to find out!

gibbfamily said...

If it is a girl, it sounds like an active girl. You are going to have your hands full :)
I can't wait to find out what you are having, any names picked out yet?! Since I am not having more kids, can I vote for Lila for a girls name?! Lila Larsen, its got a ring to it, don't you think :) Well, maybe its a lot of "L's". Too bad. We have to get together someday. A girl in my ward just moved here from Kansas City, it made me miss you! Take care!
Kacie

JONES GANG!!! said...

congrats! If it is a girl she is going to be really cute, and if its another boy you are going to have another cute handsome heart throb. have a great week.

Wendy Lou said...

Hey Linds! What an adorable child you have in your tummy! I love seeing the legs and head so clearly. Those pictures are amazing. By the time we have kids they'll all be in color with us telling the little one to say "cheese"! Sure love you and glad you are doing well!!!

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you! It will be so much fun to be "surprised" with what you are having. I admire your self control.