I've been trying figure out a better way to store our toys upstairs (in the dining room) without having the house overrun by them (or plastic blue bins). As I've looked at toy chests online the prices are a lot higher than what we wanted to spend. I found one on Craigs List that looked like something we could work with. We went to check it out, bought it for $30 and headed home. Last week I worked on sanding it, priming, painting and then putting on a polyurethane finish. We let it dry over the weekend and just brought it in this morning. It was fun to go through, organize the toys and get it situated. Now onto my quest for a file cabinet...maybe the nesting thing is starting? Mat can only hope :)! Here are the before and after shots.

The newly acquired toy chest...

Finished and in it's place.
7 comments:
Great job that looks awesome! I love fixing up old peices of furniture, its so fun!
Linds,
It looks awesome!!! I'm amazed at all you do!!
So glad you went with black. It looks great!!
That is beautiful! What a find AND what great work you did with it!
Nice job, Linds! I need something like that. Your Craigs list out there is a true winner!
Wow Linds!! It looks great!
Way to go! That looks great. I love organizing things. Embrace the nesting. You will be so glad for everything you accomplish before the baby comes!
Post a Comment