Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude

A few weeks ago for family night we talked about Thanksgiving and gratitude. We started Derek making a list each night of something that day that he was grateful for. Here is his list, perfect for a three year old boy.

Dogs (Lue)
Books
Birds
Phones-to talk to Grandma and Grandpa, Nana and Papa and Dad at work
Bags
Dinosaurs
Books
Light Sabers
Blankets
Crayons
Soccer Balls
Leaves
Will
Mom and Dad
Trees
Plants
Horses
Cookies
Balls

Thanksgiving is pretty close if not my favorite holiday. I love the opportunity to give thanks, EAT GOOD FOOD, and be together with people we love (also being able to "legally" listen to Christmas music!). Here is a turkey D made at school, his gratitude turkey. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

4 comments:

E said...

My favorite on his list: Light Sabers.

My favorite on his turkey: Will. That is so cute that he put his little brother on there!

Brown Family said...

Oh Linds, that is so sweet. You've gotta keep that one for his scrapbook. Light Savers (as we call them at my house) are a big hit too and we are thankful for them also. I am thankful for you and I enjoy your blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

The Whites said...

That is darling!! I love his list! He couldn't of made it any better!! Happy Thanksgiving

Krissy Lowe said...

Linds, I miss you! I feel like I haven't talked to you in awhile. I love the gratitude list...is he all boy or what?