Monday, March 3, 2008

Good Times

It has been a crazy week so far in Denver.  I never feel like I have the time I want/need to see everyone I would like to.  We haven't been back in a year!  I have loved spending time with my family.  It is hard because there are so many of us and I jump from house to house trying to see everyone.  Unfortunately Friday night Will was crawling around out my sisters house and pulled himself up to the hearth.  One sister was sitting on the hearth but didn't notice him there.  We were all watching Derek's reaction to the hamster running around in his ball.  I heard Will start to scream and could tell he was in pain.  He was holding his hand out.  Within a minute at least 1/4 of his sweet, soft little chubby hand was blistered up.  One of the blisters is bigger than a dime.  He has about 8 on his hand and fingers.  It was horrible!  I'll post pictures when I can upload them.  So we've been wrapping his hand everyday and keeping neosporin on, etc.  I just feel out of sorts as I haven't been in a routine and so many things keep falling by the wayside.  I've forgotten to pass along to Mat some super important things going on and I just feel like I am running crazy.  I am kind of looking forward to things slowing down (though it won't happen in the month of March) as Mat and I just need some time to reconnect, slow down and catch up together.  The boys have loved playing with all their cousins, D is in Heaven.  Will has just become extremely clingy and screams if I'm not in sight.  Kind of makes you feel good to be that needed and loved but can be obnoxious at the same time.  The biggest dissapointment so far on the trip has been that Ryley got really sick and Ash and Ry couldn't come.  I still have hope that they may drive out in the morning but we'll see. We haven't seen them since July.  Well it has been a good week, great to be home, great to spend time with my parents, siblings and all their kids.  Making fun memories.  I'll keep you all posted on little Will's hand.  

8 comments:

Burridge said...

Poor Will...I hope his little hand heals soon.

I'm not sure if it will work with your schedule but I'd love to see you guys before you leave.

E said...

:( I feel so bad for Will. The poor guy.

I miss you and I miss your children. Call me when you get a chance to catch your breath.

My Dearest Rich said...

Aw, Linds. So sad for sweet little Will! Give those sweet chubby cheeks and adorable smile big kisses for me! Sounds like you and Mat need a weekend getaway. I hope that can happen for you sometime soon! Enjoy the rest of your time there with your family, I can only imagine how much fun you are having...besides the burning on the hand. :( Miss you guys.

Jennifer said...

Ouch...poor Will...Hope his hand heals quickly...Taylor had 2nd degree burns on her hands when she was about that age...There is a really good ointment the doctor had us use on her and it is over the counter...I can't remember but I'm sure Wes will...I will ask him what it was...She doesn't have any scars from it and it was the ointment that helped it heal faster...Miss ya!

Missi Waldron said...

Oh, I hope Will's hand is getting better... never a fun moment for anyone. Hope you had an amazing trip and I'm sure it was nice to be surrounded by your wonderful family! Can't wait to hear about it and get Will's update. Love you.

Payne Family said...

looking at your blog I can't believe that Will is one already. It seem like yesterday that you were prego!! I love checking in on you to see what is going on. I miss you. Hope Denver treats you well and give poor will a kiss for me.

Julie said...

It was fun seeing you. I hope Will's hand is doing better. Not fun! I am excited to know you have a blog. I will check every now and then too see how you all are doing and what you are up to.

Ian Hobbs said...

Hi, I just left this post on another one of your blog pages and not sure if you will get it, so I'll leave it here as well.

Hi, my name is Ian Hobbs from New Canaan, CT. I'm trying to track down classmates from 1988 for our 20th reunion. It looks like your sister may be Tawna Theiss from our class. If this is the case, can you please steer her in the direcetion of www.nchs88.com? Or she can e-mail me at ihobbs@hobbsinc.com. If I have the wrong person, please just shoot me an e-mail letting me know.

Thanks very much.