Friday, March 14, 2008

What a little man!











Derek is growing up so fast and just getting cuter everyday! I wanted to share a few of the funny things he's said the last little bit.


Yesterday the weather was nice, about 60 degrees and a neighbor teenager was out playing basketball when we pulled up. Derek says out loud "What a beautiful day, it is not cold out." He was right!
Then he was asking where some of the neighborhood girls were (8 year olds that are so great about playing with him). He asked "Lily and Lucy inside Mom? Eating dinner? Eating chicken noodle soup?" The thing that made me laugh so hard about that is we hardly ever have soup. I don't know where D would ever have talked about chicken noodle soup.

His Aunt Kim and his cousins are driving out tomorrow to hang out over Spring Break. Yesterday when he was frustrated with me saying no to something he wanted to do. He started to whine and say "I need Aunt Kim, I need Aunt Kim". He knows she is coming and if Mom doesn't let him he is determined to find someone who will.

Everyone he sees the first thing he says is "Due burned hand on fireplace". Even today we were out running and we ran by a dog that looks like Lassie that we see on our route. As we run by he yells out "Lassie, Due burned his hand on fireplace". I'm sure "Lassie" cares! Then we have to explain the story to all those that can tell what he is saying and every time I think, I should get the mother of the year award, yes, my barely one year old burned his hand on the fireplace.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from lately. One afternoon he hadn't taken a great nap and while I fixed dinner he zonked admist all his toys. Too sweet!
I was getting in the shower the other morning and wasn't going to wash my hair so I threw it up in a shower cap. Halfway through I looked out to check on the boys and see what they were up to. I found Derek in one of my other shower caps, he now loves them and wants to wear them on a regular basis. Ay yi yi!
The one with Lue, Derek is singing "This little piggy went to market...this little piggy went all the way home." Classic that he is doing "this little piggy" on our German Shephard. Lue is so patient!
The picture of him in the cowboy hat was at the bull riding competition we went to last Saturday. It was awesome! The worst part though was when Will threw up and covered me in remnants of his dinner, his bottle and even pooled some of it in the hood and coat of the poor man in front of us. He even got some on his cowboy hat, it was horrible! As you can see from the picture, D wasn't phased by it much and we made it through the night.
So fun to see him growing up so fast and his sense of humor developing. I love this little man and the joy he brings to our lives.

5 comments:

E said...

He is totally rockin' that shower cap! What a funny kid!

heidi said...

Oh he is so cute. It is sad for me to think that he'll probably not even remember me! :) All the fun babysitting moments...good times.

Ashley said...

Cute Derek!! Have fun with the Williams and tell them all Hi for me!!

Erika said...

What a cutie that D is! How does he know who "Lassie" is? That was too funny.

Burridge said...

I love that D's a GAP wearing cowboy, so cute!

BTW thanks again for the phone message and just so you know our short little visit just didn't cut it...I miss you even more now. Hopefully you'll be back soon otherwise I might have to make a trip out to Kansas!!

Have fun with your family.