Here is the latest that Mat sent out today.
"We met with the surgeon again yesterday and here is what we know. The ampullary mass is malignant. However, on the positive side, the tumor is a GIST. The GIST appears to be localized and is less likely to spread (in the short term) than other types of tumors. We have been referred to an oncologist at KU Med and will meet with her next week. The doctor is hoping that chemo treatment will either eliminate or shrink the tumor so they won't have to perform the Whipple procedure to remove it. We are starting the process of seeking a second opinion from Johns Hopkins and M.D. Anderson. Thank you for your fasting and prayer. We have been truly strengthened by them."
Thank you for your love, prayers and concern. We truly feel bouyed up and anxious to get this beat and behind us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
You'll beat this Linds... If anyone can, you can! Love you!
Linds - thanks for the update. We will fast and pray for you. Keep us posted and find the best possible Dr. My Dad's Doc made the biggest difference with his cancer. I know you probably hear this a lot but you are AMAZING!
Hi Linds, it's me... the worst friend in the world. I have been thinking so much about you and cannot even imagine what these past couple of weeks have been like for you. Know that I love you, you're in my thoughts and prayers, and hope we will talk soon.
We love you Linds! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
Hugs!
Linds, you were in my fast last Sunday. And your in our prayers. Lots of love.
You have been in our prayers. We know you can beat this, girl! You're and amazingly strong woman.
You have been in our prayers. We know you can beat this, girl! You're and amazingly strong woman.
You have been in our prayers. We know you can beat this, girl! You're and amazingly strong woman.
We love you Linds! We are thinking about you and praying for you. And I know how stong you are!!!
sending hugs and positive thoughts your way! love you!
Love you Linds! You and your family were in our fast this past Sunday. I'm praying for you and Mat. I'm glad you're in good hands.
Lindsey! You and your family are in our prayers. Sending lots of wonderful thoughts to you~ Jessica (Lampe) Klasnick
Thinking of you. Stay strong!
Love to you Linds!! My friend, Anna, is an oncology nurse at KU Med. I know you'll be in good hands there! Seriously, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I do pray for you!
Linds, I just read all that you've been going through. I wish I could give you a hug in person. You truly are the strongest person and most upbeat. I totally get you giving the doctors and nurses high fives. I know you'll pull through this. I will pray for you and your sweet family. Love you tons!
I sure wish i was there to clean and make you laugh while I cloroxed myself to death..
I love you so much. You will be great. And you will be in our prayers. xoxo
Lindsay,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as a family. We love you so much. Stay stong and remember the lord is watching over you. I just wish I lived closer or you were closer so I could help you.
Welove you all.
Love, Annette & Kirk
Wow Linds, we are all thinking of you. Just know you have a lot of prayers coming from Southern Cal. We love you and know you will beat this. You are amazing.
Linds, You are a woman of strength and perseverance and I know you'll get through this with much grace and dignity. You are such an example to me. I love you! you and your family are in my prayers. Much love. Please call if I can do anything.
Linds, I'm sorry to hear about all that's happening to you. But like others have said, if anyone can beat it, you can. I don't know many people as upbeat and positive as you. You give so much and are always there for others, you will be blessed during all this!! Our prayers are with you. We love you!!
You are amazing! We love you...and...we will come up with a great name!
Linds...It was so good to catch up with you tonight. I'm praying for you and know that you will be just fine! Hope to see you soon, I'm coming back to Kansas in the spring! I LOVE YOU!!!
Thinking about you Linds and your family! Thoughts and sincere prayers are coming your way!!
xoxo
Lots of love and prayers from the Newbies! Thinking of you...
We will be praying for you- and so thankful to know those prayers are heard. Wish I was closer so I could be of some help. wishing you and your family the very best.
Like everyone else, I will be praying for you and hoping the best for you and your family.
Sending prayers up and hoping for many tender mercies on your behalf. Love you, Whit
You are in my prayers, Lindsay. Show that cancer who is boss. That'd be you, lady! Love, love, and more love!!
Post a Comment