We went with some friends we met through Derek's school. Saturday night Mat and I went with the Coopers to Cheesburger in Paradise and to the Wizards game (Jeff was able to get free tickets, thanks Jeff!). It was so much fun to just be out in the beautiful weather and to catch up with Jeff and Becky. She heard way to many of my random stories :)...
Sunday was a fabulous Fathers Day. I am so grateful for the wonderful husband I have who is such an incredible Father. His boys light up the minute he walks in the room and fight over who he'll hold first. I love how he wrestles with them, plays ball with them,
teaches them how to work hard, is an incredible Patriarch of our home and teaches them how important family is. We were able to have an early breakfast of monkey bread as he was off to his meeting by 6:45 am and then all the boys slept for a few hours after church. We had some wonderful friends, the Sherwoods over for dinner and we ate and ate. Then took a family walk, and had a great relaxing evening with Mat being able to open up his gifts and spend time reading with his boys.
I also have to say how grateful I am for an incredible Father who I love and respect. I think the world of my Dad and am so thankful for the amazing example he is for our family. His hard work, dedication, love, support of his family and commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He inspires me! I am also thankful for a wonderful Father-in-law and all he taught Mat. He is such a kind, sweet man who also teaches by example his hard work ethic and his love for the Savior. I married into such a wonderful family! Happy Fathers Day to all of you!
The party just continued as next was Mat's birthday. We started out with an early morning donut run (his favorite). He was off to work but he got home, we had dinner and a small birthday celebration with his favorite cake (rainbow chip w/ rainbow chip icing :)...don't look to close or you can tell I ran out of gel writing after "Happy Birt", classic). He opened up his gifts last night and I was so excited that he didn't want to take anything back! I am so thankful for my husband and the wonderful man he is. I truly feel blessed and I love that he loves me! Happy Birthday babe, you are the best!
4 comments:
Tornados? Is my house still there?:) I need to watch the weather a little closer when I'm not there so I know what's going on.
Linds I am so sorry I missed Mat's birthday... Can we blame it on my crazy life the past few weeks?? I won't forget again!!
Sounds like you guys had such a great weekend, Can't wait to see those characatures (sp??)!! Love you!
Happy birthday to Mat!! Oops, I mean happy birt! :)
I'm glad you finally got a chance to update. I loved the pics!
Your June is CRAZY!! You guys have a lot going on at your house, I'd say! Looks like you did it all up, right, though. Mat and I share a love of the Rainbow Chip frosting - I eat that stuff out of the can - sad, I know, but it's so yummy!
Post a Comment