Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A perfect day...

I had one of my best birthday's yet! Over the weekend we went to dinner with some friends and played games for a little bit, thanks guys for making it a great night! Then my actual birthday started out with Mat going to get donuts for breakfast. My sweet friend Sue offered to take my boys for a few hours. I really wanted to go get a pedicure and then my friend Kaylene was up for one as well. We ran and got pedicures and then she took me to lunch. I dropped her off and ran out to do some shopping and found some cute things. It was so nice to be able to go without the boys and actually try things on. I picked up the boys in the early afternoon and then went back home for naps. When they woke up we ran over and met Mat for BBQ and then came home for cake. What a great day! I got to thinking about some of my favorite birthdays from the past. I wish I knew where my pictures were, if I find them I'll post a few.

I was probably turning 9 or 10 and we played pin the moustache on Michael Jackson. My poor brother had to be Michael. I remember us all out on our back porch trying to tape the moustache's on him. What a trooper! I think that same birthday was when I was so obnoxious and tried to lead the music while my friends sang happy birthday. What a ham!

My sixteenth birthday party was one for the record books. My Mom somehow pulled off the surprise of all surprises. I was clueless. A few of my girlfriends called to take me out to dinner, they came and picked me up and we headed out. On the way to the restaurant one of the girls realized she "forgot" her wallet. We had to turn around and head back. When I walked into our kitchen it was filled with about 60 kids screaming surprise. We had such a fun night, we played the greatest game where we were basically tackling each other for hours. It's to detailed to try and explain it all but I think we all must have had horrible rug burns on our knees. I can't believe the injuries weren't worse. It was such a fun night!

What a fun Mom I have, she always planned the greatest parties. Now I am so thankful for such a great husband and boys who always make my birthday special. Thanks everyone!

11 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday you had. Fun to read about your sweet sixteen!!! A pedicure and lunch with Kaylene I bet that was so fun!!!

Burridge said...

If I remember correctly it was the winking game...right?

If so than yes we all went home with rug burns. Those were some fun times!!!

Burridge said...

Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

E said...

Happy Birthday!! How did I miss that?! I am so out of the loop these days....I'm glad you had a great time!

gibbfamily said...

Happy Birthday, Linds! Which one is it?...22, 23? :)
Glad to hear the day was a good one!

Krissy Lowe said...

Happy Birthday Linds. Im glad you had a great day. Just wish I was there taking you to lunch and pedicures. Love you girl!

Missi Waldron said...

Yay for great birthdays... so glad you had such a fun one! It really sounds like you got the perfect mix of good friends, mommy break, successful shopping and fun family time. Happy Birthday Linds...love ya!

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday to you, Linds! Sometimes the simple birthdays like getting pedicures and trying on clothes are the best and most needed kinds. Glad you got one of those!

Whitney said...

Hope you had a great day! I thought you were going to say the game was Kissing Rugby or something - an old freshman yr fave! :)

My Dearest Rich said...

Linds! Happy Belated Birthday! I totally thought of you, and never got around to emailing you! SO SORRY! It sounds like you had a great day! We sure miss you guys!

Melissa said...

You definitely know how to live it up--that's for sure! You've always got a party of some sort going on--you little planner! Glad you could have a nice birthday and do some fun things for yourself.