Monday, December 29, 2008

A fabulous Christmas!

We had such a great trip to Denver this year for Christmas. We spent a week there and stayed with Kim, Calvin and their family. It was so fun being together and spending time with my entire family. The boys always love playing with their cousins and this time was no exception. Some of the highlights of the week were:

A trip to see the Zoo lights at night with Taylor and Sydney (my nieces).

Mat and Will dressed for the cold.

D with Tay and Syd.

Mat and the boys with some of the lights.

Our little family.

Getting a chance to meet Austin (our newest nephew) who was only a couple of weeks old.

Going ice skating (the boys first time on the ice).

Mat and his boys at the rink.

On the ice.

Mat throwing Tawna around in a figure 8 move, it was hilarious!

Calvin's fabulous southern breakfast!

Spending time with and getting to know Ben, my sister Brittany's boyfriend.

Ben and Britt looking so cute in their pj's Christmas Eve!

Britt and Ben with our boys while we met some friends at breakfast!

Mat and I having a chance to go to the Temple together.

Of course Christmas Eve was fantastic! We all met at Kim and Calvins house and had fondue, the kids acted out the nativity and then Papa read The Night Before Christmas. Derek had a prime spot, right on his lap. It was classic, at one point Papa asked all the Grandkids who could name Santa's reindeer. Derek got so upset that he didn't have one to say that he started to cry, he got over it quickly. Then we all opened our pajama's (a favorite Christmas Eve tradition) and had everyone got changed and quickly headed home for an early night to bed as to not miss Santa Claus. It was so fun having all 18 grandkids together.

Papa reading The Night Before Christmas.

Ryan ( my brother) holding new baby Austin along with Grandma Wilcox and Mom (Nana).

17 of the 18 Grandkids at Kim and Cal's.

Me, Grandma Wilcox and Mom.

Dad, D and I, Christmas Eve.

My attempt to get a picture of the boys in their Christmas pj's, here with Grandma and I. Obviously a place Will did not want to be.

Christmas morning was fun, Santa treated us well. Santa left pop guns from Cabella's for both boys, Derek got the bullet train he'd been waiting for and Will lots of cars, trucks, etc. Other fun highlights were the Fisher Price car garage for Will and D's leapster from Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Dennis. Also the Geotrax Grand Central Station from Mom and Dad. D loved his razor scooter and is still working on figuring it out. Nana and Papa got them a neat Leapfrog computer and alphabet/number phone. D gave me a nerf gun to match the one he got from the Williams for the cousin exchange. It has led to some fun battles. Mat got the necessities, shoes, coats, work clothes,etc. He was surprised by the new drill and saw. I think the thing I was most excited about (besides the treadmill he surprised me with before we left) was that Mat had my blog printed into a book. It was so fun to read through, see the pictures and relive some of the moments over the last year and a half. It made me resolve to be more consistent at keeping up my blog because it truly was a journal of my feelings and experiences during that time. I loved it! It was just fantastic having time together and creating great memories. I am grateful for a family that we love to be with and that is always so much fun!

The boys doing their dance of joy when they first got upstairs Christmas morning.

D with his bullet train.

The boys and their Geotrax.

Mat and I meeting up with Matt and Kate Sheffield for breakfast. (We don't get to see them often enough! Spokane and Kansas City just aren't close enough!)

Going to a fun dinner downtown Denver with just the adults.

I didn't get a picture of all of us at dinner but this was Britt, Ben and I just outside the restaurant after dinner.

Just hanging out and talking together, playing games, watching movies and football and of course, always lots of yummy food.

Papa and Will playing together.

Papa loving on Derek after reading books with him.

Dad and Will playing peek a boo!

Boo!

It was definitely a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

joellen said...

I love the pictures of your family and papa and nana are two of my very favorite people. I'll be anxiously waiting to hear about the new baby! Happy New Year to you all, Love, JoEllen
PS I have some picture from Christmas on my blog slide show. It's swartskids22@blogspot.com