Monday, September 15, 2008

We had such a great trip to Utah a couple of weeks ago. I flew out with the boys on Thursday, it was a little hairy with a layover and carting two car seats, two carryons a stroller and two boys but we made it! That afternoon I was able to meet up with my great friend Marnie and see her beautiful little boy Jack. It was so much fun. I loved spending time with Mat's grandparents and having the boys get some time to play with them. That evening my friend Laura came over with Cafe Rio (yummy!) and we had a chance to visit and catch up, I have such great girlfriends!
We made the trek to Provo that night and met up with the Poelmans at a cabin in Sundance. Friday I picked up Mat from the airport and that afternoon we went hiking up to Stewart Falls while the boys napped. It was beautiful! Friday night the guys watched the kids and the sisters who were in town already went to eat to celebrate Ashley's upcoming 30th birthday! We went to Magelby's and had a great time visiting and walking around. Brittany and I had a hilarious experience in the restroom (it was a 3 stall restroom). The middle stall had an out of order sign, I used one and Britt was in the other. When I came out to wash my hands there was a horrible smell and I started teasing my sis about it. I was laughing and teasing her because I thought we were the only two in there. She came out and as she was washing her hands motioned to me that the out of order bathroom had since been occupied and that was where the smell was coming from. I had to run out I felt so bad and was laughing so hard. Thanks for the great laugh Britt!
Saturday Mat and I were able to go to the American Fork Temple with most of my family, it was awesome. Cami, Mat's sister kept the boys and they had so much fun with her, she spoiled them with doughnuts, McDonalds, the park and movies. Thanks Cami, they had a fabulous time! We had lunch at our favorite restaurant, Training Table. The cheese fries and dipping sauce are out of this world! Then spent that evening at a celebration for my Grandma's birthday.
Sunday had to be Derek's worst day thus far in his little life. That morning as I was getting dressed for church he put he hand through a full length mirror and cut some glass deep in his middle finger. Thankfully that was the only really bad cut, it could have been so much worse. We probably should have taken him for stiches but just bandaged it up. Later that afternoon we went to a picnic with my extended family and as we were leaving Derek was stung by 3 wasps. Not fun! We went to dinner at Cami's house and met Mat's Grandparents there. It was delicious and so fun to be with them.
Monday we attempted to take family pictures up in SLC. Our friend Johnny, who recently started doing photography was going to do them (and did them the best he could considering the weather, thanks Johnny!. Unfortunately it was pouring and hailing when we got there. He still took some shots and hopefully some turned out. He was patient with us and the rain. It was great to see him, Steph and their kids. We just wish we had more time with them. That afternoon we had more Training Table and then a great game of spoons at the cabin with a few cat fights. Tawna is vicious is all I have to say. It made for some fun laughs. We were able to spend that night with at the Shupes house which was so fun. Loved being there and seeing Britt. The reunion was great. Wish we had more time to be with all of our immediate family but loved what we got. Tuesday morning we headed to CA that will be our next chapter...

2 comments:

beckersrus said...

Poor D! That makes for a rough day! Sounds like a good trip otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Looks like you had tons of fun visiting friends and family!!